The Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Greater Cincinnati is a non-profit ovarian cancer resource organization whose mission is to create public awareness to the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer, to provide support, resources, and education to ovarian cancer survivors and caregivers; and to fund research focused on early detection and a cure. Learn more
It is the deadliest of all gynecologic cancers and the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths among American women.
- A woman’s lifetime risk of developing invasive ovarian cancer is 1 in 71.
- More than 21,000 American and 239,000 women worldwide will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer this year.
- More than 150,000 deaths worldwide are expected to be caused by ovarian cancer this year. Learn more
For years, women have known that ovarian cancer was not the silent killer it was said to be. Over the past decade, science has confirmed what women have long known: ovarian cancer has symptoms.
- Pelvic or abdominal pain
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency) Learn more
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, we would like to provide a "Comfort Kit." Learn more
We have symptom card bookmarks for you. Please contact us if you would like us to mail you some.
Interested in Volunteering?
We meet one Saturday a month at 10:00 a.m. in Blue Ash. Please contact us for more information. Learn more